- Excessive Heat Watch for Mendocino Interior County, California
- Excessive Heat Watch issued August 30 at 2:35PM PDT until September 03 at 2:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 11 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 2 p.m.
...PROLONGED HEATWAVE EXPECTED LATE THIS WEEK THROUGH EARLY NEXT
.A prolonged period of excessive heat is expected late this week
through early next week. Afternoon interior temperatures will
rise into the upper 90s to triple digits Thursday, reach peak
heat Friday and Saturday, and remain above normal through at least
Monday. A high risk of heat related illnesses is expected,
particularly for population groups that are most sensitive to
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Gasquet...Orleans...Willow ...Creek...
* TEMPERATURES...High temperatures between 100 and 110 with
overnight lows in the 50 and 60s.
* IMPACTS...Moderate to high risk of heat illness for those who
are sensitive to heat or for those who are exposed to the sun
and active for long durations. This heat will also be
dangerous to anyone without proper hydration or adequate
cooling. Heat stress is possible for livestock and outdoor
* FOR A DETAILED VIEW OF THE HAZARD AREA...visit