- Dense Smoke Advisory for Modoc County County, California
- Dense Smoke Advisory issued September 06 at 12:08AM PDT until September 07 at 12:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 12:08 a.m.
- Expires: Thursday, September 7, 2017 at noon
...Dense smoke expected through midday Thursday...
.Periods of dense smoke will persist through midday Thursday
across the mid-elevations and valleys of Siskiyou County from the
Shasta Valley westward. Dense smoke will also persist in the
Southern Oregon Cascades near Union Creek and Diamond lake and in
eastern Douglas county near Steamboat through late this evening.
...DENSE SMOKE ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON PDT
* Visibilities: A quarter of a mile or less at times.
* Locations in the dense smoke advisory: Mid-elevations and
valleys of eastern Siskiyou County and northwest Modoc County.
* Dense Smoke Impacts: Dense smoke from wildfires will create
hazardous driving conditions at times on area roadways.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* If driving, slow down, use your headlights, and leave plenty
of distance between you and other vehicles.
* Check up on relatives and neighbors, as well as outdoor pets