- Excessive Heat Warning for Modoc County County, California
- Excessive Heat Warning issued August 04 at 4:44AM PDT until August 04 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, August 4, 2017 at 4:44 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, August 4, 2017 at 8 p.m.
...VERY HOT TEMPERATURES WILL PERSIST TODAY...
.High temperatures will trend about 5 degrees lower today. But it
will still be dangerously hot again with highs above 100 at most
valleys west of the Cascades and in the 90s at valleys east of
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT THIS
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* Temperatures: Highs in the mid 80s to mid 90s.
* Locations in the warning area include: Most of the Southern
Oregon Cascades and Siskiyous below an elevation of 6000 feet,
including Union Creek, Howard Prairie, and Siskiyou Summit.
Modoc County excluding the Warner Mountains. Eastern Siskiyou
County including Mount Shasta and Medicine Lake area.
* Locations in the advisory area include: Diamond Lake and the
eastern slopes of the Southern Oregon Cascades...the Klamath
and Tulelake Basins...and Modoc Plateau.
* Impacts: Very high temperatures will increase chances for heat
related illness, especially for sensitive groups and people
without access to air conditioning. Heat stress is possible
for livestock and outdoor pets. Also, area rivers still run
cold and fast, increasing the risk for hypothermia and water
* View the hazard area in detail at
* An Excessive Heat Warning means that a prolonged period of
dangerously hot temperatures will occur.
* A Heat Advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
* These hot temperatures are likely to create a DANGEROUS
SITUATION in which heat illnesses are possible.
* Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, and
stay out of the sun.
* Check up on relatives and neighbors, as well as outdoor pets
* Young children and pets should never be left unattended in
vehicles under any circumstances. This is especially true
during warm or hot weather when car interiors can reach lethal
temperatures in a matter of minutes.