- Fire Weather Watch for Modoc County County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued September 11 at 3:12AM PDT until September 12 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 1 p.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 8 p.m.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
TUESDAY EVENING FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING ON DRY FUELS FOR FIRE
WEATHER ZONES 280...284...285...624 AND 625...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Fire Weather
Watch...which is in effect from Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday
* Impacts: Scattered lightning with high to extreme fire danger will
likely result in new fire starts. Gusty thunderstorm winds could
contribute to fire spread. Despite rainfall, initial attack
resources could be overwhelmed and holdover fires are expected.
Also numerous strikes are possible outside of the heavy rain cores.
* Affected area: In Northern CA Fire Zones...Portions of Fire zones
280...284 and all of Fire Zone 285. In South Central
OR...Portions of Fire Zones 624 and 625.
* Wind: Gusty and erratic winds of 20 to 30 mph are possible from
* Thunderstorms: Isolated thunderstorms are expected Tuesday
morning, but they are expected to be most frequent Tuesday
afternoon into Tuesday evening.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible Red