- High Wind Warning for Modoc County County, California
- High Wind Warning issued January 23 at 2:53PM PST until January 24 at 10:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 4 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 10 p.m.
...Strong south winds late today and Wednesday...
.Another strong cold front will bring strong south winds to the
coast, Shasta Valley and portions of Lake and Klamath Counties
late today and Wednesday.
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 10 PM PST
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 10 PM PST
* Winds: South 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph in the warning
area and south 25 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph in the
* Timing: Tonight through Wednesday evening.
* Locations include: Locations in the warning area include Highway
31 south of Silver Lake to the 395 interchange, Highway 299 at
Cedar Pass, the higher mountains in Lake County, and the Warner
Mountains in Modoc County. Locations in the advisory area
include the cities of Silver Lake, Valley Falls, Highway 395
north of Lakeview, and Highway 140 east of Lakeview in Oregon
and central and eastern Modoc County in California including the
cities of Alturas and Likely.
* Impacts: Driving may become hazardous, especially for high
profile vehicles. Loose items may be blown about.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be
impacted, especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra