- High Wind Warning for Modoc County County, California
- High Wind Warning issued April 07 at 6:34PM PDT until April 07 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 6:34 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 11 p.m.
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* Winds...South to southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts 50 to 70
mph in the warning area. South to southwest 25 to 35 mph with
gusts to 45 mph in the advisory area.
* Timing...Through late this evening. The strongest winds are
likely to occur late this afternoon through early this
* Locations in the advisory include...the Goose Lake Basin, and
portions of Highway 395 from Likely in southern Modoc County
through Alturas and Lakeview to Alkali Lake in central Lake
* Locations in the warning include...Portions of Highway 140
east of Lakeview, portions of Highway 395 north of Alkali
Lake, portions of Highway 31 between Summer Lake and Silver
Lake, and Highway 20 in northeastern Lake County. Also, the
higher elevations of Lake and Modoc Counties, particularly
Winter Rim and the Warner Mountains.
* Impacts...Driving is likely to become difficult, especially
for high profile vehicles. If possible choose, or prepare to
drive slowly to prevent loss of control. Debris is also likely
to be blown about at times, reducing visibility.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Winds this strong can make driving difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 25 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.