- High Wind Watch for Modoc County County, California
- High Wind Watch issued April 05 at 12:46PM PDT until April 07 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, April 6, 2018 at 11 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 11 p.m.
...Strong winds possible Friday evening through Saturday...
.A late season low pressure system approaching the forecast area
from the Pacific Ocean on Friday is expected to rapidly deepen as
it moves northeastward Friday night into Saturday. This could
result in a period of strong winds along and near the coast and
east of the Cascades. These winds have the potential to cause
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH
* Winds...From the south to southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts 55
to 70 mph.
* Timing...Friday night through Saturday evening. The strongest
winds are likely to occur early Saturday morning, and later
Saturday afternoon through early Saturday evening.
* Locations include...Portions of Highway 140 east of Lakeview,
portions of Highway 395 north of Valley Falls, portions of
Highway 31 between Summer Lake and Silver Lake, and portions
of Highway 20 between Riley and Bend. Also, the higher
elevations of Lake and Modoc Counties, particularly Winter Rim
and the Warner Mountains.
* Impacts...Driving is likely to become difficult, especially
for high profile vehicles. Chose an alternate route if this
watch is upgraded to a warning, or prepare to drive slowly to
prevent loss of control. Debris is also likely to be blown
about at times, reducing visibility.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be
impacted, especially for high profile vehicles.