- High Wind Watch for Modoc County County, California
- High Wind Watch issued November 14 at 3:38AM PST until November 15 at 10:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 10 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 10 p.m.
...Strong south winds possible Wednesday...
.Strong south winds are possible ahead of a strong frontal system
that will move through area Wednesday. The strongest winds are
expected over the Shasta Valley and over the higher terrain east
of the Cascades, however, strong winds may also affect portions of
the Rogue Valley as well.
...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a High Wind
Watch...which is in effect from Wednesday morning through
* Winds...Southeast 40 to 50 mph with gusts to 70 mph possible.
* Timing...Strong winds are possible much of Wednesday, however,
the strongest winds are expected just prior to a frontal passage
* Locations include...Summer Lake, Paisley, and Lakeview. The
strongest winds will occur over the higher terrain of Lake and
* Impacts...Travel will be difficult on area roadways including
Highway 395 and Highway 31 between Paisley and Silver Lake.
Unsecured objects may be blown around. Tree damage and power
outages are possible.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest