- High Wind Watch for Modoc County County, California
- High Wind Watch issued December 28 at 11:39AM PST until December 29 at 10:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Friday, December 29, 2017 at 1 p.m.
- Expires: Friday, December 29, 2017 at 10 p.m.
...Strong winds east of the Cascades Friday...
.Southwest winds will increase east of the Cascades Friday
afternoon ahead of a strong cold front. The strongest winds are
likely too occur late Friday afternoon and are expected to
decrease below warning levels by late Friday evening.
...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH FRIDAY
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a High Wind
Watch...which is in effect from Friday afternoon through Friday
* Winds...Southwest around 45 mph with gusts in excess of 60 mph.
* Timing...Increasing Friday afternoon with strongest winds late
Friday afternoon into early Friday evening.
* Locations include...Highway 31 from Valley Falls to Silver
Falls, including the communities of Summer lake and Paisley.
* Impacts...Travel on area roadways could become difficult,
especially for high-profile vehicles.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest