- Red Flag Warning for Modoc County County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued September 12 at 3:07PM PDT until September 12 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 3:07 p.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 8 p.m.
...Abundant lightning expected today in parts of Northern
California and Southern Oregon...
.Low pressure to the south off the coast of California will push
moisture up to the north through today. This will help generate
scattered thunderstorms across Northern California and areas east
of the Cascades. These thunderstorms are expected to be wet.
However as it has been observed this year, wet thunderstorms can
still be efficient in starting new fires over dry fuels.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT THIS EVENING
FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING ON DRY FUELS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 280...
* Impacts: Lightning and high fire danger will likely result in
new fire starts. Gusty thunderstorm winds could contribute to fire
spread. Despite rainfall, initial attack resources could be
overwhelmed and holdover fires are possible.
* Affected areas: In Northern California...all of fire weather
zone 282 and southern portions of 281. For fire zone 280 south of
Seiad valley including the Salmon August Complex...For fire zones
284 and 285...south and east portions of 284 and all of fire zone
* Wind: Gusty and erratic winds of 20 to 30 mph are possible.
* Thunderstorms: Latest data suggests scattered thunderstorms will
occur this afternoon into the evening.
* View the hazard area in detail at