- Red Flag Warning for Modoc County County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued July 22 at 8:36PM PDT until July 22 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 8:36 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 11 p.m.
...Isolated to scattered thunderstorms through this evening,
mostly from the Siskiyous south and Cascades east south of Lake of
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS EVENING
FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING ON DRY FUELS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES
280...281...282...284...285...621...SOUTHEAST 622...SOUTH 623 ...
SOUTH 624 AND SOUTHWEST 625...
* Impacts: Several thunderstorms have already occurred, and will
continue for the next couple of hours. Lightning and high fire
danger will likely result in new fire starts. Gusty thunderstorm
winds could contribute to fire spread. Despite rainfall, initial
attack resources could be overwhelmed and holdover fires are
* Affected area: Most of Siskiyou and Modoc Counties with the best
chance for continuing storms in and around the Shasta Valley as
well as for eastern Modoc County.
* Thunderstorms: Isolated to scattered thunderstorms will
dissipate this evening.
* Humidity: As low as 18 percent.
* Wind: West 5 to 10 mph. Winds in thunderstorms will be erratic
and could gust as high as 40 mph.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* One less spark, one less wildfire