- High Wind Warning for Mono County, California
- High Wind Warning issued January 18 at 6:51PM PST until January 19 at 4:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 6:51 p.m.
- Expires: Friday, January 19, 2018 at 4 a.m.
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PST FRIDAY...
* Timing: Winds will peak this evening through the late night
hours before decreasing behind the front.
* Winds: South to southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts to 60 mph
possible. Wind-prone areas including canyons along Highway 395
could see wind gusts up to 65 mph.
* Impacts: Dangerous cross-wind conditions, especially for high
profile vehicles, may result in loss of vehicle control.
Semi trucks will be in danger of tipping over. Possible
damage to trees and powerlines. Aviation will also be
impacted by these winds. Some flights may be delayed.