- High Wind Watch for Mono County, California
- High Wind Watch issued January 17 at 3:08AM PST until January 19 at 4:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 1 p.m.
- Expires: Friday, January 19, 2018 at 4 a.m.
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...
* Timing: Winds will begin increasing by mid to late Thursday
morning ahead of a strong cold front. Winds are expected to
peak Thursday evening or very early Friday morning before
decreasing behind the front.
* Winds: South to southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts to 65 mph
possible. Wind-prone areas such as the mouth of canyons
along Highway 395 or Highway 95 near Walker Lake could see
wind gusts up to 75 mph.
* Impacts: Dangerous cross-wind conditions, especially for high
profile vehicles, may result in loss of vehicle control. Semi
trucks will be in danger of tipping over. Possible damage to
trees and powerlines.