- Winter Storm Warning for Mono County, California
- Winter Storm Warning issued January 08 at 1:58PM PST until January 09 at 7:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Monday, January 8, 2018 at 1:58 p.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 7 p.m.
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM PST TUESDAY
ABOVE 7000 FEET...
* WHAT...Moderate to heavy snow occurring. Plan on increasingly
difficult travel conditions, including during the morning
commute on Tuesday. Some damage to trees and powerlines is
possible due to heavy wet snow accumulation.
* WHERE...Mono County.
* WHEN...Until 7 PM PST Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Total snow accumulations of 1-2 feet above
7500 feet, are expected, with localized amounts of 3+ feet along
the Sierra crest. 4-12 inches are possible between 7000-7500
feet with up to 2 inches down to 6500 feet. Precipitation type
at and below 8000 feet will start as mainly rain today.
Precipitation will changeover to snow above 7000-7500 feet
tonight into Tuesday.
Avoid travel if possible, you could be stuck in your vehicle for
many hours. If you must travel, prepare for long delays and carry
an emergency kit with extra food, water and clothing. If you stay
home, have a backup plan in case of power outages. The latest
road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.