- Winter Storm Watch for Mono County, California
- Winter Storm Watch issued November 14 at 3:44AM PST until November 17 at 4:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 4 p.m.
- Expires: Friday, November 17, 2017 at 4 a.m.
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
LATE THURSDAY NIGHT ABOVE 8000 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Plan on difficult travel conditions,
including during the morning commute on Thursday. Damage
possible to trees and power lines as well. Total snow
accumulations of 1 to 2 feet possible, with localized higher
* WHERE...Mono County locations above 8000 feet.
* WHEN...From Wednesday afternoon through late Thursday night.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Significant reductions in visibility are
possible. VERY LONG TRAVEL DELAYS over open Sierra passes
possible Wednesday night through Thursday night.
Now is the time to prepare an emergency kit for your home and
car. If traveling consider alternate plans, remember to carry
tire chains, extra food, water and clothing. Once the storm
arrives, travel may be difficult or impossible for an extended
period of time.