- Winter Storm Watch for Mono County, California
- Winter Storm Watch issued January 07 at 2:21AM PST until January 09 at 7:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Monday, January 8, 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 7 p.m.
...WINTER STORM WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH
TUESDAY EVENING ABOVE 7000 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Plan on difficult travel conditions,
including during the morning and evening commutes on Tuesday.
Total snow accumulations of 1-2 feet above 7500 feet, are
possible, with localized amounts of 3+ feet along the Sierra
crest. 4-12 inches are possible between 7000-7500 feet with up
to 2 inches down to 6500 feet.
* WHERE...Mono County.
* WHEN...From Monday evening through Tuesday evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Significant reductions in visibility are
Now is the time to prepare an emergency kit for your home and
car. If traveling consider alternate plans, remember to carry
tire chains, extra food, water and clothing. Once the storm
arrives, travel may be difficult or impossible for an extended
period of time.