- Fire Weather Watch for North Bay Interior Valleys County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued October 12 at 5:45AM PDT until October 14 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, October 13, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 11 p.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON FOR ELEVATIONS
ABOVE 1000 FEET IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA AS WELL AS
ELEVATIONS ABOVE 1000 FEET ACROSS MONTEREY COUNTY AND SAN BENITO
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
SATURDAY EVENING FOR GUSTY OFFSHORE WIND AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR
NORTH BAY MOUNTAINS AND DIABLO RANGE...
.Low humidity and gusty northerly winds will combine with dry
fuels to produce critical fire weather conditions, especially
across higher elevations of the North Bay Mountains, East Bay
Hills, Santa Cruz Mountains, the Santa Lucia Mountains, and the
mountains of San Benito County and Interior Monterey County.
Another round of very dry conditions and gusty offshore winds
will arrive late Friday though early Saturday for the North Bay
Mountains and Diablo Range.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT THIS
AFTERNOON FOR WIND AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 507
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING FOR GUSTY OFFSHORE WIND AND LOW HUMIDITY
FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 507 AND 511...
The National Weather Service in San Francisco has issued a Fire
Weather Watch, which is in effect from Friday afternoon through
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zones 507 and 511.
* WIND...North to northeast winds of 20 to 30 MPH with isolated
local gusts up to 50 MPH early Thursday. North to northeast
winds 25 to 35 MPH with local gusts approaching 60 MPH Friday
* HUMIDITY...Minimum daytime values between 10-20 percent with
night time recovery values between 25-35 percent.
* HIGHEST THREAT...The Napa County hills, around Mount Saint
Helena, hills of eastern Sonoma County, and the hills of
Marin County around Mount Tamalpais.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.