- Fire Weather Watch for North Bay Interior Valleys County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued June 22 at 3:20AM PDT until June 24 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 11 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 8 p.m.
...Gusty northerly winds coupled with hot temperatures and low
humidity values Saturday through Sunday evening...
.High pressure will build inland through the weekend and bring a
combination of gusty northerly winds, hot temperature and low
humidity values late morning Saturday through Sunday evening.
Northerly winds of 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph are
expected. Humidities will drop into the low to mid teens or
locally into the single digits with poor overnight recoveries.
Temperatures in the mid to upper 90s as well as isolated triple
digit readings are expected on Saturday which will exacerbate
existing severe fire weather conditions due to gusty north winds
and low humidities. The areas of greatest concern will be located
in higher terrain of northern and eastern Napa and Sonoma county
as well as throughout the Diablo Range. Any fire starts may spread
rapidly in these conditions. Avoid activities that may lead to
fire ignition, including lawn work, driving on grass, tossing
cigarettes, lighting campfire or fireworks, especially during
Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING
THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING FOR GUSTY NORTH WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE
HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 507 AND 511...
* AFFECTED AREA...North Bay Mountains, East Bay Hills and the
* WIND...Northerly winds of 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
Isolated highest terrain could see locally higher winds.
* HUMIDITY...Minimum humidity readings of 10 to 20% will be
common during the day, with the driest locations dropping
into the single digit range during the warmest, driest,
windiest times of the day.
* HIGHEST THREAT...Elevations above 1000 feet, especially in the
extreme northern and eastern portions of the North Bay
Mountains and East Bay Hills
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning or other activities that may lead to fire
creation is not recommended.