- Freeze Watch for North Bay Interior Valleys County, California
- Freeze Watch issued February 18 at 3:30AM PST until February 20 at 9:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at midnight
- Expires: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 9 a.m.
...FREEZING TEMPERATURES POSSIBLE ACROSS INLAND AREAS LATE MONDAY
NIGHT AND TUESDAY MORNING...
.A strong cold front is forecast to sweep from north to south
across northern and central California on Sunday. Much cooler and
blustery conditions will develop in wake of the frontal passage
with cool and breezy conditions continuing into Monday. There
will be enough wind on Sunday night to keep temperatures from
falling below freezing in most areas. However, winds are expected
to diminish by Monday night and this will set the stage for
widespread freezing temperatures across inland areas from late
Monday night into Tuesday morning.
...FREEZE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH
A Freeze Watch remains in effect from late Monday night through
* LOCATION...All inland areas of the San Francisco Bay Area and
Monterey Bay Area, including the valleys and hills.
* TEMPERATURES...Widespread overnight lows from the mid 20s to
* TIMING...Several hours of subfreezing temperatures possible
from late Monday night through mid morning Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Freezing temperatures can damage or kill plants that
are sensitive to cold. Please check on the elderly and make
sure animals have a warm shelter.