- Heat Advisory for North Bay Interior Valleys County, California
- Heat Advisory issued June 23 at 12:51PM PDT until June 23 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 12:51 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 8 p.m.
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* TIMING...UNTIL 8 PM THIS EVENING.
* LOCATIONS...Most of the inland Greater San Francisco Bay Area
(excluding coastal areas), inland Monterey county, and inland
San Benito county. For the San Francisco Bay Shoreline...main
heat risk is primarily from Redwood City to Cupertino.
* TEMPERATURES...Widespread temperatures in the mid 90s to low
100s in the impacted areas are expected. The hottest inland
locations such as Pinnacles National Park and the extreme inland
portions of Napa, Sonoma, and possibly Contra Costa counties may
surpass 105 degrees. The cities of San Francisco and Oakland are
excluded from this heat advisory, but will be very warm this
afternoon with highs expected in the low to mid 80s. San Jose,
which is included in the advisory, is forecast reach the mid to
upper 90s. For the San Francisco Bay Shoreline, the main heat
risks are generally from Redwood City to Cupertino where triple
digit temperatures are forecast, while other areas of the
shoreline will be noticeably cooler.
* IMPACTS...Moderate to high risk of heat related illness,
especially for vulnerable populations during the day Saturday.
Increased number of visitors to coastal communities and
beaches to escape heat, potentially resulting in increased
water rescues. Exacerbation of critical fire weather
conditions, especially in the North and East Bay hills and