- High Wind Watch for North Bay Interior Valleys County, California
- High Wind Watch issued May 09 at 8:04PM PDT until May 12 at 4:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, May 11, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 4 a.m.
...Strong winds Friday night for North and East Bay Hills and
Santa Cruz Mountains...
.A system dropping into northern Nevada on Friday night will
produce a strong pressure gradient across the Bay Area Hills.
Northeast winds from 25 to 40 mph with frequent gusts to 55 mph
will be possible from around sunset Friday night through early
Saturday morning, especially above 1000 to 1500 feet. The hills
of Napa County will likely see the strongest winds earlier Friday
evening as the winds then pass over the rest of the East Bay
Hills, Santa Cruz Mountains and higher terrain of Marin County.
This will be the first strong offshore wind event of the spring so
any weak trees, limbs or powerlines may be vulnerable for
toppling. Take action now to secure loose objects if you have
property interests in the North and East Bay Hills and Santa Cruz
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH
LATE FRIDAY NIGHT...
* TIMING...Friday evening through early Saturday morning.
* WINDS...Northeast winds 25 to 40 mph with gusts to 55 mph.
Highest wind speeds will occur in higher elevation locations,
especially ridge tops and peaks.
* IMPACTS...Blowing debris, difficult driving conditions for
high profile vehicles, and potential for downed trees and