- Red Flag Warning for North Bay Interior Valleys County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued June 23 at 3:59AM PDT until June 24 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 11 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 8 p.m.
...Gusty northerly winds coupled with hot temperatures and low
humidity values today through Sunday evening...
.High pressure will build inland through the weekend and bring a
combination of gusty northerly winds, hot temperatures and low
humidity values late this morning through Sunday evening. The
areas of greatest concern will be located in higher terrain of
northern and eastern Napa and Sonoma county as well as throughout
the Diablo Range. Any fire starts may spread rapidly in these
conditions. Avoid activities that may lead to fire ignition,
including lawn work, driving on grass, tossing cigarettes,
lighting campfires or fireworks, especially during tomorrow and
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO
8 PM PDT SUNDAY FOR GUSTY NORTHERLY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE
HUMIDITY FOR THE NORTH BAY MOUNTAINS AND EAST BAY HILLS...
* WIND...Northerly winds of 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
Isolated highest terrain could see locally higher winds.
* HUMIDITY...Minimum humidity readings of 10 to 20% will be
common during the day, with the driest locations dropping
into the single digit range during the warmest, driest,
windiest times of the day. Overnight humidity recoveries will
be poor and less than 30%.
* HIGHEST THREAT...Elevations above 1000 feet, especially in
the extreme northern and eastern portions of the North Bay
Mountains and East Bay Hills
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning or other activities that may lead to fire
creation is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.