- Red Flag Warning for North Bay Mountains County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued October 12 at 5:45AM PDT until October 12 at 5:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 5:45 a.m.
- Expires: Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 5 p.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON FOR ELEVATIONS
ABOVE 1000 FEET IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA AS WELL AS
ELEVATIONS ABOVE 1000 FEET ACROSS MONTEREY COUNTY AND SAN BENITO
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
SATURDAY EVENING FOR GUSTY OFFSHORE WIND AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR
NORTH BAY MOUNTAINS AND DIABLO RANGE...
.Low humidity and gusty northerly winds will combine with dry
fuels to produce critical fire weather conditions, especially
across higher elevations of the North Bay Mountains, East Bay
Hills, Santa Cruz Mountains, the Santa Lucia Mountains, and the
mountains of San Benito County and Interior Monterey County.
Another round of very dry conditions and gusty offshore winds
will arrive late Friday though early Saturday for the North Bay
Mountains and Diablo Range.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT THIS
AFTERNOON FOR WIND AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 512,
517, AND 518...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zones 512, 517, and 518.
* WIND...North to northeast winds of 15 to 25 mph with isolated gusts
to 45 mph, especially at elevations above 1500 ft.
* HUMIDITY...Minimum daytime values between 10-20 percent with
night time recovery values between 25-35 percent, especially
in elevations above 1500 ft.
* HIGHEST THREAT...The Santa Lucia Range above the Big Sur
Coast as well as higher ridges and peaks elsewhere across
Monterey and San Benito Counties.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.