- Flood Warning for North Coast Interior County, California
- Flood Warning issued April 06 at 11:24PM PDT until April 08 at 12:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 5 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, April 8, 2018 at midnight
...The National Weather Service in Eureka has issued
a Flood Warning in cooperation with the California Department
of Water Resources for the following rivers in California...
Navarro River at Navarro affecting Mendocino County
Moderate to occasionally heavy rainfall will occur through early
Saturday morning. Storm total rainfall amounts are expected to range
from 3 to 5 inches, with localized amounts of up to 7 inches over
Do not drive your car across flooded roadways. It only takes about
two feet of water to float most vehicles. For area road conditions...
call CALTRANS at 1-800-427-7623.
Stay tuned to developments by listening to NOAA Weather Radio or your
local TV or radio stations.
The next statement will be issued by 4 AM Saturday morning, or as
warranted by changing conditions.
The flood warning continues for
the Navarro River
* from late tonight to Saturday night...or until the warning is
* At 10:15 PM Friday the stage was 18.6 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 23.0 feet.
* FORECAST...This river is Expected to rise above flood stage of
23.0 feet tomorrow morning, then forecast to crest near 29.5 feet
during midday Saturday, then forecast to fall below flood stage of
23.0 feet tomorrow evening.
* IMPACTS...At 30.0 feet...Water will flow over the south bank of the
river approximately 1 mile east of Highway 1, and begins to flood
property in this area including six homes. Expect closure of
Highway 128. Motorists should use alternate routes.
* FLOOD HISTORY...This crest compares to a previous crest of 29.5 feet
on Feb 7 2015.