- Flood Watch for North Coast Interior County, California
- Flood Watch issued April 06 at 8:50PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 2:09 a.m.
- Expires: Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 3:15 a.m.
.Heavy rain is expected to continue through early Saturday
morning and is expected to cause small stream and urban flooding
in many areas. In addition, there is a slightly enhanced potential
for debris flow in the Redwood Valley Burn Scar area in the
heaviest persistent showers.
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...
The Flood Watch continues for
* A portion of northwest California, including the following
areas, Mendocino Coast, Northeastern Mendocino Interior,
Northwestern Mendocino Interior, Southeastern Mendocino
Interior, Southern Humboldt Interior, Southern Trinity,
Southwestern Humboldt, and Southwestern Mendocino Interior.
* Through Saturday morning
* ADDITIONAL rainfall accumulations of 3 to 4 inches are expected,
with hourly rainfall rates reaching .5 inches per hour at times
tonight. STORM TOTAL rainfall amounts, some of which has
already fallen, will likely range from 5 to 7 inches across a
* Small streams will become swollen and fast moving. They may
exceed their banks and cause flooding. Low lying areas and
both rural and urban roads may also flood.