- Heat Advisory for North Coast Interior County, California
- Heat Advisory issued September 03 at 5:08PM PDT until September 03 at 10:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 5:08 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 10 p.m.
...PROLONGED HEATWAVE EXPECTED THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK...
.A prolonged period of excessive heat is expected through this
evening. The heat will peak today but temperatures will remain
above normal through at least Monday. A high risk of heat related
illnesses is expected, particularly for population groups that are
most sensitive to heat.
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Crescent City...Arcata...Eureka...
Fortuna...Fort ...Bragg...Point Arena.
* TEMPERATURES...High temperatures between 80 and 95 are likely
today. Local areas with heavy smoke may see slightly cooler
* IMPACTS...Moderate risk of heat illness for those who are
sensitive to heat or for those who are exposed to the sun and
active for long durations. This heat will also be dangerous to
anyone without proper hydration or adequate cooling. Heat
stress is possible for livestock and outdoor pets.
* FOR A DETAILED VIEW OF THE HAZARD AREA...visit