- High Surf Warning for North Coast Interior County, California
- High Surf Warning issued January 18 at 2:20PM PST until January 18 at 10:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 2:20 p.m.
- Expires: Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 10 p.m.
...Large westerly swell will impact Redwood and Mendocino coasts
today with 22 to 27 ft breakers...
...HIGH SURF WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PST THIS
* WAVES AND SURF...Breaking waves of 22 to 27 feet along west and
northwest facing beaches.
* IMPACTS...Large breaking waves along the coast will lead to
increased wave run-up on beaches with waves topping and washing
over large rocks and jetties. These large waves can be erratic
and unpredictable. Use extra caution near the surf zone as these
large waves will be capable of sweeping people into the frigid
and turbulent ocean water.