- Winter Weather Advisory for North Coast Interior County, California
- Winter Weather Advisory issued January 25 at 8:33AM PST until January 26 at 4:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 8:33 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, January 26, 2018 at 4 a.m.
...An upper level trough will bring falling snow levels...
.Snow levels will drop to around 1500 feet during periods of
heavier snow showers. Most accumulating snow will be above 2,500
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PST
* WHAT...Snow showers occurring. During periods of heavier snow
showers, visibilities will be significantly lowered, with
snowfall rate of around 1 inch per hour. Roads will be slick due
to snow and ice on roadways. Additional snow accumulations of 2
to 5 inches, with locally higher amounts above 3,500 feet. Snow
will accumulate in colder wind-sheltered locations, with snow
level as low as 1000 to 1500 feet. Storm total snow accumulation
will be around 4 to 14 inches.
* WHERE...Del Norte Interior, Interior Humboldt County, Northern
Trinity, Southern Trinity and Northeastern Mendocino Interior
County. Highways impacted include 199, 299, 36, and 3. Collier
Tunnel, Berry Summit, Buckhorn Summit, Oregon Mountain Pass, and
Scott Mountain Pass will be impacted.
* WHEN...Until 4 AM Friday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Slow down, allow extra time and be
prepared for changing conditions. Check the latest forecasts
and call 1-800-427-7623 for current road conditions and chain
requirements before traveling. Be alert for rock slides in