- Fire Weather Watch for Northeast Foothills, Sacramento Valley County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued December 14 at 2:17PM PST until December 17 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Friday, December 15, 2017 at 10 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 10 a.m.
...Potentially Critical Fire Weather Conditions This Weekend...
.A dry weather system moving in from the north late on Friday
will produce a combination of gusty winds and low humidity values.
Due to these factors and the recent long stretch of warm and dry
conditions, a very elevated fire weather risk can be expected
particularly for higher elevation locations.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH
SUNDAY MORNING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER
ZONES 216, 217, 218, 219, 263, 264, AND 279...
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Fire
Weather Watch, which is in effect from Friday evening through
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zones 216, 217, 218, 219, 263, 264,
* WIND...North winds of 15 to 30 mph with gusts of 35 to 45 mph.
Local gusts of 50 mph will be possible over higher elevations.
* HUMIDITY...Minimum humidity readings of 10 to 20 percent during
the day. Poor humidity recovery expected Saturday night through
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning or any activity that could spark a fire is not
Interact with us via social media