- Coastal Flood Advisory for Northern Monterey Bay County, California
- Coastal Flood Advisory issued January 02 at 3:48AM PST until January 02 at 1:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 3:48 a.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 1 p.m.
...LARGE TIDAL FLUCTUATIONS OFTEN REFERRED TO AS KING TIDES ARE
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON...
...COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM PST THIS
* TIMING...Extreme high tides are expected to occur during the
early to middle morning hours Tuesday. Extreme low tide will
occur during the late afternoon and evening hours. The exact
height and timing of the tides will vary from location to
location; please visit http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/ports
for location-specific tidal predictions.
* LOCATION...Low-lying areas along the immediate coast, bay
fronts, marshes, and sloughs. These locations may also include
parking lots, coastal trails, sidewalks, underpasses, and even
roadways that are not ordinarily affected by the tides.
* IMPACTS...Sea water on roadways, parking lots, trails, and
sidewalks. Beachgoers may lose entry and exit paths to coves
and narrow beaches during high tides