- Fire Weather Watch for Northern Monterey Bay County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued October 06 at 3:01AM PDT until October 10 at 5:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 11 a.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 5 a.m.
...Fire Weather Watch Sunday through late Monday night...
.A classic autumn fire weather pattern is forecast to develop
later this weekend into early next week. Warm temperatures, low
humidity and gusty north winds will coincide with critically dry
fuels. Current indications suggest this will be the strongest
offshore wind event so far this fall.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING
THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT FOR STRONG OFFSHORE WINDS AND LOW
HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 507...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zone 507...the North Bay
* WIND...Northeast winds 15 to 30 mph gusts 40 to 55 mph.
* HUMIDITY...10-20 percent afternoon with night time recovery
under 30 percent.
* HIGHEST THREAT...is located in the Napa County hills as well
as around Mount Saint Helena and the hills of Marin around
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.