- Heat Advisory for Northern Monterey Bay County, California
- Heat Advisory issued September 03 at 3:11PM PDT until September 03 at 9:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 3:11 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 9 p.m.
...Slightly cooler today, but very warm to hot conditions will
persist through this evening...
Temperatures today are anywhere from 5 to 15 degrees cooler than
on Saturday, and locally as much as 20 degrees cooler. Even with
this cooling, temperatures are still well above normal. Also,
relative humidity values have increased which has resulted in
increased discomfort. These factors will maintain moderate to
high heat risks across the entire region through this evening.
More significant relief from the heat is expected by Monday.
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
A Heat Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...San Francisco Bay Shoreline, North Bay
Interior Valleys, Santa Clara Valley, the Salinas Valley,
Hollister Valley, Carmel Valley, Santa Lucia Mountain Range,
Interior Mountains of Monterey and San Benito Counties.
* TEMPERATURES...Daytime temperatures on Sunday will range from
the mid 80s to mid 90s near San Francisco Bay, and from the
upper 90s to 108 elsewhere. Overnight lows tonight will range
from the mid 60s to mid 70s at lower elevations and from the
upper 70s to near 90 in the hills. Cooler temperatures are
forecast for Monday.
* IMPACTS...MODERATE risk of heat related illness, especially
for sensitive groups: elderly, children, sick people as well
as pets and livestock. This heat will also be dangerous to
anyone without proper hydration or adequate cooling.
* ADDITIONAL IMPACTS...Plan outdoor activities accordingly. Try
to schedule holiday weekend activities in the morning or
evening when temperatures will be cooler, and with less
exposure to direct sunlight.
A Heat Advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. Hot temperatures will create a situation in which heat
illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids...stay in an air-
conditioned room...stay out of the sun...and check up on
relatives and neighbors.