- High Surf Warning for Northern Monterey Bay County, California
- High Surf Warning issued January 19 at 2:58AM PST until January 19 at 4:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Friday, January 19, 2018 at 2:58 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, January 19, 2018 at 4 p.m.
...Very large swell will continue to impact the coast through this
.Large and dangerous swell is expected to continue through this
afternoon, with breaking waves 20+ feet possible. Dangerous surf
will likely continue into the weekend.
...HIGH SURF WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS
* WAVES AND SURF...Large westerly swell up to 15 to 19 feet with
a period of around 15 seconds through this afternoon.
* TIMING...Now through 4PM PST Friday.
* IMPACTS...Extreme wave run up is expected with these waves
with long lulls in between wave sets, which will increase the
risk of being washed into the sea by a wave. Expect large and