- Wind Advisory for Northern Monterey Bay County, California
- Wind Advisory issued January 08 at 8:54PM PST until January 09 at 6:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Monday, January 8, 2018 at 8:54 p.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 6 a.m.
...STORM SYSTEM TO PRODUCE STRONG AND GUSTY SOUTHERLY WINDS
.A storm system off the California Coast is forecast to bring
moderate to heavy rain and strong gusty winds to the San
Francisco Bay Area and Monterey Bay Area tonight. Wind speeds are
forecast to be highest near the coast and in the hills,
particularly along the Big Sur coast and in the Santa Lucia
Mountains of Monterey County.
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM PST TUESDAY...
a Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 AM PST Tuesday.
* WINDS...South to southeast winds of 15 to 30 mph with gusts
from 40 to 50 mph are likely.
* LOCATION...Coastal sections of the San Francisco Bay Area from
Sonoma County south through San Mateo County including the
city of San Francisco. San Francisco Bay Shoreline, coastal
Santa Cruz County, the North Bay Mountains, the East Bay
Hills, the Santa Cruz Mountains, the valleys of Monterey and
San Benito Counties, and the mountains of San Benito County
and Interior Monterey County.
* TIMING...Strongest winds expected Monday afternoon and evening.
* IMPACTS...Possible downed trees and powerlines. Power outages