- Excessive Heat Watch for Northern Sacramento Valley County, California
- Excessive Heat Watch issued August 29 at 3:16PM PDT until September 04 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, August 31, 2017 at noon
- Expires: Monday, September 4, 2017 at 8 p.m.
...Very Hot Weather Expected into Next Week...
.Strong high pressure will maintain very hot weather across the
region into next week. Temperatures won`t be quite as hot today
and Wednesday, but excessive heat will likely return beginning
Thursday and continue through the Labor Day weekend with an
increasing risk for heat-related illnesses for people exposed to
the hot weather.
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING...
* TEMPERATURE...Daytime highs will range from 110 to 115 across
much of the Central Valley with overnight lows only in the 70s
to lower 80s in the Central Valley and foothill thermal belts.
The hottest temperatures are expected Friday and Saturday,
then not quite as hot Sunday and Labor Day.
* IMPACTS...Potential for HIGH risk of heat related illness,
especially for sensitive groups: elderly, children, sick
people and pets and livestock.
* ADDITIONAL IMPACTS...Plan outdoor activities accordingly! Try
to schedule holiday weekend activities in the morning or
evening when temperatures will be cooler, and with less
exposure to direct sunlight.
Interact with us via social media