- Flash Flood Watch for Northern Sacramento Valley County, California
- Flash Flood Watch issued January 08 at 8:07AM PST until January 09 at 4:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Monday, January 8, 2018 at 8:07 a.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 4 a.m.
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT THROUGH EARLY TUESDAY MORNING for
the Sulphur burn area...
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a
* FLASH Flash Flood Watch for the Sulphur fire burn area in Lake
County in Central California.
* Through early Tuesday morning
* Flash floods and debris flows will be a threat for severely
burned areas. This includes East Lake Drive along Borax Lake,
Lake Shore Drive, and other roads within and in close proximity
of the burn area.
* Rainfall rates could exceed one half inch per hour at times
during the storm. These areas no longer absorb any
rainfall...leading to enhanced runoff. Those traveling in the
vicinity of the burn area should be alert for possible road
problems due to flooding...rock...and debris flows.
* Previous year burn scars may also be impacted. Caution is
advised when traveling in the Valley, Rocky and Jerusalem burn
Interact with us via social media