- Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County Coastal Areas County, California
- Beach Hazards Statement issued July 03 at 5:04AM PDT until July 06 at 9:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Expires: Friday, July 6, 2018 at 9 p.m.
...High surf and strong rip currents possible late this week...
.AN expected southerly swell from Hurricane Fabio may create
elevated to high surf along south-facing beaches of Orange and San
Diego Counties from Wednesday night through late Friday. In
addition to the surf, strong rip currents will make swimming
hazardous. The southerly swell should gradually subside over the
...BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY
EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING...
* Surf...Widespread 6 to 8 FT surf along south-facing beaches of
Orange and northern San Diego Counties, with local sets of 10
to 12 FT possible at favored spots on the Orange County Coast.
* Timing...Wednesday night through Friday night.
* Impacts...Dangerous swimming conditions due to the presence of
large breaking waves, strong rip currents and longshore