- High Wind Warning for Orange County Coastal Areas County, California
- High Wind Warning issued December 08 at 1:20PM PST until December 08 at 4:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Friday, December 8, 2017 at 1:20 p.m.
- Expires: Friday, December 8, 2017 at 4 p.m.
...Periods of strong Santa Ana winds to continue in San Diego
County through Sunday...
...WInds more moderate and localized north of San Diego County
.High pressure over the Great Basin will continue to bring areas
of gusty winds this weekend. While the winds will gradually
diminish this afternoon and evening, winds will strengthen in some
locations, especially in the San Diego County mountains, foothills
and inland valleys. Strongest winds will be Sunday morning when
local gusts over 60 MPH will be possible in San Diego County.
Winds will diminish late Sunday and Sunday night.
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS
* Winds...Gradually diminishing, with lingering winds east 15 to
30 MPH with local gusts over 40 MPH.
* Timing...Winds will gradually diminish this afternoon, though
some increase in wind will occur again Saturday through Sunday
* Location...Strongest winds on the west mountain slopes and
through and below passes and canyons.
* Impacts...Blowing dust possible in areas of strong winds,
hazardous travel for high-profile vehicles.