- Red Flag Warning for Orange County Coastal Areas County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued February 11 at 3:39AM PST until February 11 at 1:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 3:39 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 1 p.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING FOR THE MOUNTAINS OF ORANGE...SAN
BERNARDINO...AND RIVERSIDE COUNTIES...THE INLAND EMPIRE...AND THE
SAN GORGONIO PASS THROUGH 1 PM TODAY...
.Moderate offshore flow will bring gusty north to northeast winds
and low humidities through this morning along and near coastal
mountain slopes of San Bernardino...Riverside...and Orange
Counties with critical fire weather conditions. Onshore flow will
return during the afternoon with humidities beginning to recover
by late afternoon. Humidities will recover more rapidly tonight
as onshore flow strengthens.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM PST THIS
AFTERNOON FOR STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY...
* WIND...Areas of north to northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts
to 45 mph. Isolated gusts to 55 mph in the Inland Empire below
the Cajon Pass and along and near the coastal slopes of the
Santa Ana mountains.
* TIMING...Strongest winds from after sunrise through mid morning
with with lowest humidities after mid morning.
* LOCATION...Strongest winds along lower coastal mountain
slopes and below passes and canyons.
* HUMIDITY...Falling to 15 to 25 percent around sunrise...and
around 10 percent by late morning.
* OUTLOOK...Northeast winds will diminish by early this afternoon.
Weak onshore flow will develop during afternoon with humidities
beginning to recover by late afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning should be avoided. The winds will make
driving difficult...especially for motorists with high
profile vehicles. Watch for broken tree limbs and other