- Wind Advisory for Orange County Coastal Areas County, California
- Wind Advisory issued January 23 at 11:58AM PST until January 24 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 11:58 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 10 a.m.
...GUSTY OFFSHORE WINDS NEAR THE COASTAL FOOTHILLS INTO
.Surface high pressure over the Great Basin will bring periods of
gusty offshore winds near the coastal foothills and below passes
and canyons at times into Wednesday. Winds are expected to be
strongest through this afternoon...and again late tonight through
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST WEDNESDAY...
* Winds...Areas of east to northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts
to 45 mph. Isolated gusts of 55-60 mph.
* Timing...Winds are expected to be strongest through this
afternoon...and again for late tonight through mid-morning
* Location...Near coastal foothills of the mountains and below
passes and canyons.
* Impacts...Hazardous driving conditions for high-profile
vehicles. Watch for broken tree limbs and downed palm fronds.