- Excessive Heat Watch for Redwood Coast County, California
- Excessive Heat Watch issued August 30 at 3:50AM PDT until September 04 at 9:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, August 31, 2017 at noon
- Expires: Monday, September 4, 2017 at 9 p.m.
...PROLONGED HEATWAVE EXPECTED LATE THIS WEEK THROUGH EARLY NEXT
.A prolonged period of excessive heat is expected late this week
through early next week. Afternoon interior temperatures will
rise into the triple digits Thursday, reach peak heat Friday and
Saturday, and remain above normal through at least Monday. A
high risk of heat related illnesses is expected, particularly for
population groups that are most sensitive to heat.
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING...
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Most interior valley locations including but
not limited to Gasquet...Honeydew...Orleans...Willow
* TEMPERATURES...High temperatures between 100 and 115 with
overnight lows ranging from 55 to 65 in cooler valleys to 65 to
75 in higher elevations.
* IMPACTS...Moderate to high risk of heat illness for those who
are sensitive to heat or for those who are exposed to the sun
and active for long durations. This heat will also be dangerous
to anyone without proper hydration or adequate cooling. Heat
stress is possible for livestock and outdoor pets.
* FOR A DETAILED VIEW OF THE HAZARD AREA...visit
An Excessive Heat Watch means that a prolonged period of hot
temperatures is expected. Hot temperatures will create a
dangerous situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink
plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the
sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors.