- Blowing Dust Advisory for San Bernadino County-Upper Colorado River Valley County, California
- Blowing Dust Advisory issued December 20 at 7:21PM PST until December 21 at 12:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 7:21 p.m.
- Expires: Thursday, December 21, 2017 at midnight
...STRONG WINDS WILL CAUSE AREAS OF BLOWING DUST AND SAND AND
VERY POOR VISIBILITY IN THE DESERTS THIS EVENING...
...BLOWING DUST ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT PST
* Winds...Areas of southwest to west winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts
50 to 60 mph. Wind decreasing after midnight.
* Timing...Strong southwest to west winds this afternoon and
evening...decreasing and shifting to the north late this
* Location...Along desert slopes and into the Mojave Desert
* Visibility...Areas of blowing dust and sand causing very poor
visibility...especially along Highways 247, 18, and 395.
* Impacts...Hazardous travel for high profile vehicles especially
in cross winds. Very poor visibility, down to zero in spots,
travel delays possible.