- High Wind Warning for San Bernadino County-Upper Colorado River Valley County, California
- High Wind Warning issued April 16 at 8:20PM PDT until April 17 at 5:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Monday, April 16, 2018 at 8:20 p.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 5 a.m.
...STRONG AND GUSTY WEST WINDS FOR THE MOUNTAINS AND DESERTS
THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM PDT TUESDAY...
* Winds...West winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 70 mph.
* Timing...Strongest this evening before subsiding late.
* Visibility...Reduced at times in blowing sand and blowing dust.
* Impacts...Difficult driving...especially for motorists with high
profile vehicles. This will impact portions of Interstate 10
through the San Gorgonio Pass towards the Coachella Vally and
Interstate 15 across the high desert. Blowing dust and sand
will reduce visibility at times. Watch for broken tree limbs and
* Outlook...Another round of strong west winds is expected for
Wednesday night into Thursday night.
* Reports...Peak winds through 8 PM included 70 mph at Volcan
Mountain, 57 mph at Coachella, 56 mph at the Thermal Airport,
and 52 mph at Palm Desert.