- Blowing Dust Advisory for San Bernardino and Riverside County Valleys -The Inland Empire County, California
- Blowing Dust Advisory issued April 12 at 8:00PM PDT until April 12 at 10:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- Expires: Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 10 p.m.
...Blowing Dust Advisory issued April 12 at 7:59PM MST expiring April
12 at 10:00PM MST by NWS Phoenix AZ...
* AFFECTED AREA...Much of Eastern Riverside County in California
and most of La Paz County in Arizona. This includes Blythe,
Quartzite, Joshua Tree National Park, and portions of
Interstate 10 from near Centennial west through Blythe and
toward Desert Center.
* TIMING...Now through 10 PM.
* WINDS...Westerly winds of 25 to 35 mph gusting to 40 to 50 mph.
* VISIBILITY...Generally 1 to 5 miles, but occasionally lower
than 1 mile in isolated dust channels.
* Impacts...Difficult driving conditions, especially on any
north- south oriented roads in open areas. Reductions in
visibility due to blowing dust will result in hazardous
driving conditions. Motorists traveling along Interstate 10
are urged to exercise caution. Unsecured objects may also
Be ready for a sudden drop in visibility. If you encounter
blowing dust or blowing sand on the roadway or see it
approaching, pull off the road as far as possible and put your
vehicle in park. Turn the lights all the way off and keep your
foot off the brake pedal.
Remember, pull aside, stay alive.