- Dust Advisory for San Bernardino and Riverside County Valleys -The Inland Empire County, California
- Dust Advisory issued September 30 at 2:55PM PDT until September 30 at 4:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 2:55 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 4 p.m.
The National Weather Service in Phoenix has issued a
* Dust Advisory for...
Central Imperial County in southeastern California...
Riverside County in southern California...
* Until 400 PM PDT.
* At 255 PM PDT, a wall of dust was along a line extending from 6
miles east of Holtville to 20 miles west of Nicholls Warm Springs,
moving northwest at 20 mph.
HAZARD...Less than two miles visibility with strong wind in excess
of 30 mph.
* This includes the following highways...
CA Interstate 10 between mile markers 104 and 128.
CA Interstate 8 between mile markers 35 and 57.
CA Route 78 between mile markers 14 and 35.
Locations impacted include...
El Centro, Calexico, Brawley, Imperial, Desert Center, Holtville,
Calipatria, Slab City, Alamorio, Wiest, Bonds Corner, Niland and
Blowing dust brings reduced visibility, leading to dangerous driving
conditions. If driving, avoid blowing dust if possible. If caught in
dense blowing dust, pull off the road, turn off your lights and keep
your foot off the brake.