- Fire Weather Watch for San Bernardino and Riverside County Valleys -The Inland Empire County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued October 21 at 2:41AM PDT until October 24 at 6:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 6 a.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 6 p.m.
...CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS THIS WEEKEND THROUGH TUESDAY
BECAUSE OF LOW HUMIDITY AND STRONG GUSTY WINDS...
.High pressure and areas of strong offshore winds will bring
areas of gusty northeast to east winds...especially below passes
and canyons...very low humidity...and hot weather this weekend
through Tuesday. The most extreme combination of low humidity...
stronger and more widespread winds...and heat is expected on
Monday and Tuesday. Winds will begin in the San Bernardino County
Mountains...the Inland Empire and Santa Ana Mountains this
morning...then increase in coverage toward the coast and spread
into San Diego County Sunday through Tuesday. Strongest winds will
be during the mornings Monday and Tuesday. Winds will decrease
and humidity will slowly rise Wednesday and beyond.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING
THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON FOR STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY...
* WIND...For Sunday...areas of northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with
gusts to 35 near the coastal foothills and below passes and
canyons. Stronger and more widespread winds for Monday and
Tuesday with areas of northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to
45 mph. Isolated gusts to 50 mph.
* HUMIDITY...Lowest daytime humidity of 5 to 10 percent Sunday...
and around 5 percent Monday and Tuesday with poorest overnight
recovery in the windier areas near the coastal foothills.
* TIMING...Sunday through Tuesday...with the most extreme
combination of low humidity...stronger and more widespread
winds...and heat on Monday and Tuesday.
* OUTLOOK...Winds should weaken Wednesday with some improvement
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly...
especially Monday and Tuesday. Outdoor burning is not