- High Wind Watch for San Bernardino and Riverside County Valleys -The Inland Empire County, California
- High Wind Watch issued January 07 at 1:07PM PST until January 10 at 4:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Monday, January 8, 2018 at 4 p.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 4 a.m.
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH LATE TUESDAY NIGHT...
* Winds...The first significant storm of the season will bring
strong winds to the SoCal deserts Monday afternoon through
Tuesday night. The strongest winds will be on Tuesday with
potential gusts from 55 to 75 mph along the desert slopes and
immediately below the mountain passes.
* Visibility...Could be significantly reduced in areas of
blowing dust and sand, most likely Monday afternoon through
* Impacts...Winds of this magnitude will make for difficult
travel conditions, especially for high-profile vehicles, and
could cause property damage. Travelers along Interstates 8,
10, and 15 and U.S. 395 could experience adverse travel