- High Wind Watch for San Bernardino and Riverside County Valleys -The Inland Empire County, California
- High Wind Watch issued April 15 at 3:11AM PDT until April 17 at 5:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Monday, April 16, 2018 at midnight
- Expires: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 5 a.m.
...STRONG SOUTHWEST TO WEST WINDS FOR THE MOUNTAINS AND DESERTS
FOR LATE TONIGHT INTO MONDAY NIGHT...
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
LATE MONDAY NIGHT...
* Winds...Southwest to west winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 65
mph. Local gusts to 75 mph.
* Timing...Winds will develop late this afternoon and evening and
strengthen tonight. The strongest and most widespread winds are
expected for Monday afternoon and evening. The winds will
diminish late Monday night.
* Location...Near mountain ridge tops and along desert mountain
slopes into adjacent desert areas.
* Impacts...The winds will make driving difficult...especially for
motorists with high profile vehicles. This will impact portions
of Interstate 10 through the San Gorgonio Pass and the Coachella
Vally...Interstate 8 through the San Diego County mountains...
and Interstate 15 across desert areas north of the Cajon Pass.
In the deserts...areas of blowing dust and sand will reduce
visibility at times. Watch for broken tree limbs and other
* Outlook...Another round of strong winds is expected for
Wednesday night into Thursday night.