- Beach Hazards Statement for San Diego County Coastal Areas County, California
- Beach Hazards Statement issued January 14 at 2:10AM PST until January 17 at 8:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Monday, January 15, 2018 at noon
- Expires: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 8 p.m.
...HIGH SURF LATE MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY...
...BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY
AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING...
* What...High surf likely this week. Surf as high as 10-12 ft will
* When...Beginning late Monday afternoon, peaking Tuesday and
Wednesday, then fading Thursday.
* Where...The beaches of Orange and San Diego Counties. Highest
sets on exposed west-facing beaches.
* Possible Impacts...Large breaking waves, very strong rip
currents, waves overtopping jetties and coastal rock formations,
sneaker waves, minor coastal flooding during high tides and
minor beach erosion.
* Outlook...Surf will slowly subside Thursday.