- Excessive Heat Watch for San Diego County Coastal Areas County, California
- Excessive Heat Watch issued June 19 at 4:01AM PDT until June 22 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 11 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, June 22, 2018 at 8 p.m.
...HOT WEATHER FOR INLAND AREAS PEAKING ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY...
.High pressure aloft will strengthen across Southern California
bringing an extended period of hot weather for inland areas for
Wednesday through Saturday with the heat peaking on Thursday and
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued an Excessive
Heat Watch...which is in effect from Thursday morning through
* Temperature...High temperatures of 110 to 116 with overnight low
temperatures remaining in the 80s in some locations.
* Impacts...An Excessive Heat Watch means that a prolonged period
of hot temperatures is expected. The hot temperatures will
create a dangerous situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids...stay in an air-conditioned
room...stay out of the sun...and check up on relatives and
neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left
unattended in vehicles under any circumstances. This is
especially true during warm or hot weather when car interiors
can reach lethal temperatures in a matter of minutes.