- Excessive Heat Watch for San Francisco Bay Shoreline County, California
- Excessive Heat Watch issued August 30 at 2:34AM PDT until September 04 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, August 31, 2017 at noon
- Expires: Monday, September 4, 2017 at 8 p.m.
...Excessive Heat Returns to the Interior Late this Week...
.While the region will see some relief from the heat through today,
strong high pressure will return to the region late this week and
persist through the Labor Day holiday weekend. Thus, excessive
heat will once again be likely beginning Thursday or Friday and
continue through the upcoming weekend with an increased risk for
heat related illnesses, especially for population groups that are
most sensitive to heat. Those with outdoor plans this upcoming
weekend are urged to remain up-to-date with the latest forecast
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING...
an Excessive Heat Watch remains in effect from Thursday afternoon
through Monday evening.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Most interior valley and higher elevation
locations away from the immediate coast.
* TEMPERATURES...Daytime temperatures from 95 to 105 in many
inland valley locations and 105 to 115 in the far interior and
higher elevations. Overnight lows will range from 55 to 65 in
the cooler valleys and 65 to 85 in the higher elevations.
* IMPACTS...Potential for HIGH risk of heat related illness,
especially for sensitive groups: elderly, children, sick people
as well as pets and livestock. This heat will also be dangerous
to anyone without proper hydration or adequate cooling.
* ADDITIONAL IMPACTS...Plan outdoor activities accordingly. Try to
schedule holiday weekend activities in the morning or evening
when temperatures will be cooler, and with less exposure to