- Red Flag Warning for San Francisco Bay Shoreline County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued December 17 at 2:18AM PST until December 17 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 2:18 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 10 a.m.
...Gusty northerly winds will continue to combine with low
humidity values through Sunday morning...
.High pressure rapidly building into the Great Basin this morning
is resulting in a strong offshore pressure gradient and a
combination of gusty winds and low humidity values. Due to these
factors and the recent long stretch of warm and dry conditions, a
very elevated fire weather risk exists particularly for higher
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST THIS
MORNING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY...
* WIND...Northerly winds of 15 to 30 mph with local gusts over
50 mph. Strongest gusts will be over the North Bay Mountains
and East Bay Hills.
* HUMIDITY...Overnight maximum humidity readings will likely be
confined to the 20 to 30% range.
* HIGHEST THREAT...Elevations above 1000 ft, especially in the
North Bay Mountains and East Bay Hills.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.