- Beach Hazards Statement for San Francisco County, California
- Beach Hazards Statement issued April 13 at 1:10AM PDT until April 13 at 7:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, April 13, 2018 at 2 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, April 13, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Northwesterly swell will increase this morning then decrease in
the afternoon and evening.
...BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS
* WAVES AND SURF...Northwest swell 10 to 12 feet with a period
of 14 to 16 seconds. Breakers up to 20 feet possible.
* TIMING...Late tonight through 7 PM PDT this evening.
* LOCATION...West to northwest facing beaches along the Central
Coast from Sonoma County through Monterey County...including
but not limited to...Ocean Beach, Montara State Beach, and
Marina State Beach.
* POTENTIAL IMPACTS...Impacts include rip currents and large
shore break. Never turn your back to the ocean!