- Fire Weather Watch for San Francisco County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued December 14 at 9:35PM PST until December 17 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Friday, December 15, 2017 at 10 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 10 a.m.
...Gusty northerly winds will combine with very low humidity values
Friday evening through Sunday morning...
.A dry system moving in from the north late on Friday will produce
a combination of gusty winds and low humidity values. Due to these
factors and the recently long stretch of warm and dry conditions,
a very elevated fire weather risk can be expected particularly for
higher elevation locations.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING
THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE
WEATHER ZONES 507, 511, 512, 517, AND 518...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zones 507, 511, 512, 517, and
* WIND...Northerly winds of 15 to 30 mph with local gusts over
50 mph. Strongest gusts will be over the North Bay Mountains
and East Bay Hills.
* HUMIDITY...Minimum humidity readings of 5 to 20% during the
day. Nighttime maximum humidity readings of 10 to 30%.
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.