- High Surf Advisory for San Francisco County, California
- High Surf Advisory issued January 16 at 6:10AM PST until January 16 at 4:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 6:10 a.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 4 p.m.
...Long period northwesterly swell through Tuesday...
...A brief decrease in swell is expected mid-week then larger
northwesterly swell arrives Wednesday night or early Thursday
...HIGH SURF ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS
* WAVES AND SURF...Northwesterly swell 13 to 15 feet with a
period up to 17 seconds into Tuesday. Breakers could reach 18 to
* TIMING...Through 4 pm PST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Impacts include strong rip currents, large run-up
waves, and localized beach erosion. Never turn your back to