- High Surf Warning for San Francisco County, California
- High Surf Warning issued January 18 at 12:03PM PST until January 19 at 4:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 12:03 p.m.
- Expires: Friday, January 19, 2018 at 4 p.m.
...Very large swell will continue to impact the coast through at
least Friday afternoon...
.A strong storm system over the eastern Pacific is generating a
very large westerly swell. The large and dangerous swell is
expected to continue through Friday afternoon, with dangerous surf
likely continuing into the weekend.
...HIGH SURF WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST FRIDAY...
* WAVES AND SURF...Large westerly swell of 17 to 20 feet with a
period of 18 to 20 seconds Thursday and Friday.
* TIMING...Now through 4PM PST Friday.
* IMPACTS...Extreme wave run up is expected with these waves
with long lulls in between wave sets, which will increase the
risk of being washed into the sea by a wave. Expect large and