- Winter Weather Advisory for San Francisco County, California
- Winter Weather Advisory issued February 19 at 6:22AM PST until February 19 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Monday, February 19, 2018 at 6:22 a.m.
- Expires: Monday, February 19, 2018 at 10 a.m.
...Snow Accumulations and Low Snow Levels through Early Monday...
.A very cold storm system from western Canada will bring snow
accumulations over the higher elevations of the coastal ranges
from through mid morning Monday. The Santa Lucia Mountains above
Big Sur will see the highest snowfall accumulations...primarily
through 9am Monday. Snow levels will be 1500-2000 feet.
Precipitation will be limited with this storm and possibly patchy
in these areas rather than widespread. Precipitation will taper
off by mid to late Monday morning.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST THIS
* WHEN...Through 10 AM PST Monday.
* WHAT...Snow accumulations in the Santa Lucia Mountains above
Big Sur from 4 to 8 inches at the higher elevations, and locally
up to 10 inches. Accumulating snow levels down to 1000-1500
feet. Snow mixed with rain possible 200 to 1000 feet. Very cold
temperatures with wind chills in the 10s in the coldest/windiest
* IMPACTS...Potentially hazardous mountain roads and passes.